NOTE: URBAN ARTIFACT IS EXPANDING THE BREWING TEAM, BUT HIRING WILL NOT BE IMMEDIATE. WHILE PRODUCTION EXPANDS, WE EXPECT TO SEARCH FOR THE RIGHT PERSON TO FIT OUR (WILD) CULTURE.
This isn’t a career. It’s a lifelong passion.
We are a brand new brewery, located in a central Cincinnati neighborhood, offering you the chance to build your dream job. We think the time spent at work should be fun and meaningful, so join us as we grow!
Our brewing company provides an independent and innovative working environment for self-motivated individuals who have the ability to make decisions that drive business, personal career advancement, and overall company success. You will have the ability to create and focus on special projects related to brewing and the brewery as you see fit and to express creative control over new beer recipes. In addition, you will be working in a fast-growing and supportive industry that comes with fantastic opportunities for career progression and personal development.
As a reflection of our company, an innovative, social, and community-oriented environment, we also offer unique perks like: fresh fruits, vegetables, and honey out of our brewery garden, paid volunteer opportunities, free shift beer after work, and a free growler fill every Friday.
We are looking for a salaried position Brewer for our new brewhouse, located in a central neighborhood in Cincinnati, OH. Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Maintaining brewhouse operations, state and federal compliance, inventory and quality assurance.
· Responsible for evaluating and monitoring beer and raw materials involved in brewing.
· Operate brewing equipment to manage inventory of raw materials and beer.
· Ensure sanitation of all equipment to maintain beer quality.
· Assist in supervision of taproom servers and server training when needed.
· Responsible for washing, sanitizing and filling kegs.
· Brew beer according to our high quality standards and industry regulations.
· Participate in public events for the brewery and represent company values and vision.
· Assist in innovative new product development utilizing our pilot brewhouse.
· Design and conduct tours of the brewing facility.
· Responsible for beer quality, new beer development, and continual product improvement.
· Conduct cellar responsibilities for the brewhouse cooperage.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent GED
· At least 21 years of age
· 1-3 years of professional experience
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· Ability to perform in hot conditions with various chemicals
· Willingness to clean, clean, and clean some more
· Obsession with beer education
· Mechanical aptitude
· Basic computer skills (MS Office proficiency minimum)
· Strong math skills
· Ability to travel up to 10 percent of the time to events, tastings, bars, retailers, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent brewing degree
· Brewing/chemical/food/manufacturing experience
· Knowledge of GMPs
· Comfortable with public speaking
· Experience with MRP software
Working with us means doing what you love. We hire inventors, creative brewers, and phenomenal leaders. We want people who, quite simply, love beer, but also those who inspire new innovation in others, have a strong work ethic, and are independent thinkers. Sound like you? Come join us!