URBAN ARTIFACT HISTORY
We moved into the historic St. Patrick’s Catholic Church facility in August of 2014, and opened the doors with our first beers and first music shows in April 2015. We’ve hosted live music nearly every night since then, and poured thousands of barrels of beer into your thirsty glasses.
While not the first to explore the styles, we specialize in tart and wild ales, especially balanced, heavily fruited ales.
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
The distinct Urban Artifact art style is a combination of constraints. Most all of our label artwork starts out with a beer name and style concept. From there, it’s a visual ideation, which is a blend of research, doodling, and discussing what the character or “artifact” is supposed to represent.
Big news! We are fermenting a beer that is a first in the annals of brewing history: It is being made from yeast that is approximately 150 years old, “wild caught” from a wooden fermenting tank miraculously preserved in a long-forgotten lagering cellar. It was recently discovered in Cincinnati.
Fruit beers! The best beers if you ask us. The blending of refined country fruit wines and beer elevated to another level with wild cultures and natural acidity.
In 2017 we…
– Produced 94 packaged beers, including 32 unique Midwest Fruit Tart variants.
– Used over 75,000 pounds of fresh fruit in our beers *.
– Hosted 881 musicians or music groups. Our most frequent performer was the Blue Wisp Big Band at 52 times (every Wednesday).
Wildfire Pizza Kitchen
Wildfire Pizza Kitchen is a small wood-fired kitchen serving pizzas, salads, appetizers, desserts and more. We strive to continuously focus on making the best food possible while offering a lot of creativity to our menu. Wildfire Pizza Kitchen serves Neo-Neapolitan style pizza. Similar to Italian Neapolitan style, with American influences.
All of our dough is made fresh in house and cold ferments for at least 24 hours. Each pizza is hand tossed and made to order. We focus on fresh, artisanal ingredients. We use a wood-fired oven that was imported from Italy and delivered to our location in Cincinnati. The oven reaches temperatures of up to 1,000 degrees F to enable us to cook pizzas in as little as 90 seconds.
Wildfire offers dine-in and carry-out from the Urban Artifact taproom, as well as catering on-site and off.
Urban Artifact Adding to Their Distribution Team
We are looking for a salaried Sales Representative with a focus on northern Ohio and Pennsylvania
markets, based in northeast Ohio. Duties include, but are not limited to:
● Gain and maintain knowledge of Urban Artifact products, pricing, and brand.
● Be acquainted with key decision maker(s) and influencers in designated area of accounts
● Visit approximately 10 accounts per day, informing accounts and growing the brand
● Provide detailed reporting on activities weekly
● Achieved specified account goals as provided
● Be able to handle all reasonable and cost effective brand support needed in accounts
● Perform distributor ride withs, staff trainings with accounts and scheduled Urban Artifact events
● Coordinate and promote events with accounts within your territory
● Develop and maintain relationships with key people at distributors
● Represent the brand ethically and responsibly through all interactions with consumers, retailers,
distributors and anyone else contact is made with
● High School Diploma or Equivalent GED
● At least 21 years of age
● Reliable Transportation
● 1-3 years of professional experience
● Excellent communication skills and ability to learn and master selling skills
● Ability to lift 50 pounds
● Obsession with relationship building and passion for craft beer
● Basic computer skills (MS Office proficiency minimum)
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
● Previous beverage industry experience and/or sales experience
● Comfortable with public speaking
Fera Cutlura. our motto at Urban Artifact, is all about our dedication to wild culture. We are a brewery, taproom, music studio, and events venue focused on bringing the best possible experience to our customers and employees. We focus on a scientific and educational approach to our beers and employee’s careers.
Fully covered health insurance. Dental and Vision insurance available. Matching simple IRA. Paid sick leave. Free shift beer after work and a free growler (or half case of cans) every week. Ability to express creative control over pilot beer recipes. Ability for upward mobility within the company as we continue to grow. Ability to define career growth and professional trajectory.